Project Officer - KCCG Core Facility
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes, with over 600 scientists, students and support staff. We pioneer study into the most widespread diseases affecting our community today, including cancer, neurodegenerative and mental diseases, disorders of the immune system, diabetes and obesity, osteoporosis and other skeletal disorders.
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research operates the Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics Core Facility (KCCG CF), the largest genome sequencing facility in the Southern Hemisphere & Australia's premium provider of whole genome sequencing. Our primary focus is to provide a state-of-the-art genomics service and to assist clinical diagnosis based on personalised genomic information.
We are currently seeking a Project Officer to support the KCCG Accounts team with a focus on acquisition, tracking and completion of services to customers.
Reporting to the Account Manager & Scientific Support, the key responsibilities include:
- Day to day customer correspondence
- Sample acquisition process
- Providing regular project status updates to customers and
- Administrative duties, including quoting, initialisation, billing and invoicing.
This role will be offered part time for 1 year in the first instance.
You will have the following key skills and experiences:
- A BSc degree in science (preferably biological science) or equivalent is desirable
- Previous customer service experience is desirable
- Understanding of sequencing technology and genomics advantageous
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Planning and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly within a multidisciplinary team and with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in financial management
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers site via the link below. Applications from other sites/channels will unfortunately not be considered.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- Your resume including at least 2 referees
- Copies of relevant qualifications / academic transcripts
Only applicants with working rights in Australia are eligible to apply for this role.
The position will remain open until filled. As we will be reviewing applications as they are received, we encourage you to submit yours as soon as possible.